




The Dining Room

The Living Room 

This room was really tricky because the ceiling heights are so different. I wanted something that would be unique, cozy, & modern. Sooooo, I decided that I wanted to blow up some pictures from different important moments in our lives.

In the recessed nook, I painted a darker color of green/grey and added a canvas painted by Mister Sam. To the left of the painting, I framed pictures of him creating his "masterpiece". They make it look like he was enjoying himself when actually he thought I was torturing him!


This is one of my favorite things. It is a painting created by an elephant at a conservation center in Thiland. Matt got it for me for my birthday a few years ago. I painted a square around it with the same green/grey color I used in the other rooms to make it seem a little larger.
These cabinets have been glazed with a black glaze. I plan on using the same glaze in the kitchen and up the staircase. UGH! What a job! I added a punch of the brick red used in other parts of the room as well as square (diamond) mirrors from Ikea.
On this wall, I glazed the fireplace with the black glaze and used chocolate brown scarves to serve as panels. Then, I hung an old ladder from a broken down deer stand at my parent's ranch over the mantle. Once again, I painted a square behind it to give it more umph. I added rings to the bottom 1/3 of the panels to give them a more modern feel. On the mantle, I used large clear vases filled with mulch and sticks to add height.
That's it....next is the kitchen!






5 comments:
Hey Amber! I was so excited to see a comment from you today and am thrilled that we are going to get to keep up with y'all through your blog now (on top of our husbands' daily phone calls)! Sam is getting so big and is as cute as ever! Your house looks so great...you are so, so talented. You will be so glad to have this blog to look back on and remember all of Sam's little phases.
Hey! I absolutely LOVE what you have done. I knew you were working on house projects but WOW I was surprised at Megan's shower. Also, reading your blog I see that you have done a lot more than what I saw. Great job!!!
Holy moly! You've been one busy little momma! I love everything you've done! Can't wait to see it in person! Looks fabuloso! I'm in a rut w/ my house...needed your inspiration! :)
Wow!! I love the house redo. Of course, I have always loved your decorating ideas. Sammy is too cute! I added you guys to my blog list. Keep in touch.
So creative!! You should post this on HGTV.com's "Rate my space" section...kind of fun. It's all about the before/after stuff and people can write you comments.
Post a Comment